Learning how to braid hair is very challenging since it does not only require materials such as small rubber bands, fine-toothed comb, gel or leave on conditioner, spray bottle and water but the one doing it must have patience and time. Braiding is a basic ability that can be applied in a variety of ways. Keep reading to learn how to braid hair step by step.
Doing cornrows may take some time. Practice is also important in braiding cornrows. The more practice someone has in styling cornrows, the easier and faster the work will be.
Here are some tips that one should consider before starting braiding cornrows. One should have at least five centimeters hair length if it is curly or if
Having cornrows is more about adding style to the hair not lengthening it. So someone should not expect that hair will be longer after getting cornrows. Aqua wax might be needed if someone has a smooth hair which can tighten up the locks and gives the hair more shine.
How to braid hair step by step:
- Comb hair until it is tangle-free. If the hair is too slick, you can use some type of wax to get a better grip of the hair but its not a must.
- Apply leave on conditioner to make the hair smoother.
- Plan what cornrows style will be applied on the hair.
- Then divide the hair into sections and choose smaller cornrows because they hold tighter than the large ones.
- Clip the hair not being used to avoid complications.
- Start by taking a small part of hair then divide that part into three smaller but equal portions.
- Then start by putting the left strand at the top of the center strand making the left the new center and then take the right strand and put it at the top of the new center strand.
- Then take a small amount of hair that is not included in the original three and braid it with the others. Continue braiding until the end of the hair reached. Make sure the cornrows are tight and sticking to the scalp.
- The last step is to place a rubber band into the end of the hair tight enough not to make the cornrows loose. Start the next portion of the hair and repeat the steps above.
This is how to braid hair step by step.
Stay tuned for more information and tutorial videos on how to braid hair.